Tuesday 27 October 2009

Time to improve.

My business is continuing to be impacted upon by the Padarn Lake algae outbreak which has meant I have decided to re-evaluate the cleaning products used in the centre and the damage they have on the environment I work in. In my business environmental statement I say that although I do not always get it right first time, as I am educated I will make improvements as I can. As a result I have found an important area in which to make changes.
The new cleaning product range for Boulder Adventures
In an effort to reduce my output of harmful cleaning agents I am now trialling different cleaning products from ECOVER and ECOLEAF. I have also found that although these products seem more expensive, with reasonable planning; bulk buying, reusing containers and monitoring the amounts used to ensure correct dilution for the job, prices can be relatively comparable; it just takes a bit more effort. In thinking through my practices I have found that I should reduce the road miles for products to the centre because I can buy in bulk and reduce my waste by reusing the dispensing containers, in theory one step better than recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment