Monday 7 September 2009

The last 500m are the hardest.

The week following the August bank holiday was pretty quiet personal adventure wise because work was very busy. The centre had a group in which required a lot of attention so I worked in addition to the planned staff. The weekend did start early however, the group went home on the Thursday, an unplanned early departure. This just meant I had time to do all the jobs I should done earlier week before a days work of Canyoning on the Saturday.
After a family get together on the Saturday night this left enough time for a Sunday mountain bike ride. So after a heavy family night drinking and no serious exercise since being ill what did we choose I hear you ask? Well 30kms of the Penmachno trials is the answer.
What a great ride it was, I would have to recommend these routes although Nia and Kelv were a tough act to keep up with. I think the tiredness of 29.6km may well have attributed to my crash, thankfully only cut shins from peddles and bruised pride. I guess this will teach me, I should have thought more carefully before taking the mickey out of Kelv for his crash 500m from the van!

The days proudly worn war wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment