Monday 14 September 2009

The sun is back.

Summer seems to be here again after having a break for August. This was great as it coincided with a day’s coasteering I was running for the RAF. What a great group to work with as we managed to get loads done covering a massive distance with plenty of swimming as it was such a still day.
The group climbing up to the jumps.
The view down the headland at Nefyn Golf Course.
It was also great that it was such a nice weekend as I was spending the Saturday night camping up in Yorkshire for my brothers stag do. Once the coasteering was finished it was back home shower, change vans and a four hour drive to the home of Black Sheep Ale, Masham. I think you can take a fairly good guess as to the events proceedings; needless to say the gang had late breakfast on Sunday before we all departed. This made for a good nights drinking for me, a good day of quad biking, brewery tours and drinking for the rest.
The Black Sheep Ale.

Unfortunately there is a downside to the nice weather as it seems like the toxic blue green algae in Llyn Padarn may benefiting from the sunshine after giving the impression that it was starting to disappear. This problem of the algae first came to light in June of this year and three months on there still seems to be no conclusive answers as to what has caused the problem. I do know however that is having a noticeable effect on local business and residents. This morning I have had a meeting with Alun Ffred Jones the local AM to express my concerns and hope to hear more from him soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment