Sunday 18 April 2010

Biking and boating.

I had forgotten about Pete coming to visit this weekend as he was in North Wales for a first aid course but it was the motivation to get me out biking on Saturday evening. If it wasn’t for this I may have just settled for Sundays kayaking for the weekend exercise definitely glad I did both.

Saturday saw me out about 2.30 after a quick catnap after a late Friday night, early Saturday breakfast and quick centre turnaround. I had agreed to meet Pete in Conwy to ride the Sychnant Pass and Conwy Mountain trail but this left just enough time to pop to the camera shop in Colwyn Bay for a new lens before he finished the first aid course.
Didn’t manage any good biking pictures but took some pictures of the boats in Conwy Marina while waiting for Pete to arrive, after all had a new toy which had to be used.
Sunday has been spent in Llangollon kayaking on the Dee. I have been promising to get out with Martyn for ages and Sion fancied giving it a go. The river levels where very low but it was good to see the others improving as the day went on despite a few bumps into rocks, I don’t think it would have been as much fun if it was any more pushy.
Sion working hard.
Martyn picking his line.
One of the other lads who was sharing eddies with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment